Tuesday 11 August 2015

What Are We All About?

 I am all too aware that Wonky Frog Studio is a unique shop with an unusual name. How we came up with it is a story for another day. What a lot of people expect when they walk through our doors isn't at all what they see. We're very proud, Cat and I, of the products and services we provide.

 First, let me say....we are MORE than just pottery. I've decided to focus on fine art and Cat on pottery but both Cat and I  are visual artists and able to complete any commissions you may offer us.

Symphony in Red Minor
 It seems that I might have contracted an illness as it seems I've got...TRACTOR FEVER!!! No worries! It's not debilitating though it is up for contention whether or not it's contagious! I've done a number of tractor and mechanical painting and it doesn't look like I'll be letting up soon. I've just started on some preliminary drawing on a John Deere combine. I don't have a lot of details to share on that at the moment as I haven't decided if I'm gonna go with new or old though, I have to admit, I have a soft spot for the older tractors as I believe they have more "soul".
Ole Faithful

 We also have quite the selection of hand-made jewellery...beautiful to behold and different healing properties depending on what stones you select. If you want more information on the healing property of stones, Cat will gladly "talk your ear off" on the subject and help you choose the right stone for you!

 Recently, we've been carrying t-shirts and ball caps. We're very proud of the village that we live in and love to show and share the little knowledge we have about the area. I'm pretty sure we'll also be adding more unique designs as we go forward. 
  I would be remiss if I didn't add that Cat is working hard on trying to create new beautiful and functional items for the store...all the while satisfying the the hordes of people who want to enjoy our fun Wonky Workshops. We can do custom pieces if you're looking for that special piece and we are working hard to fill those general inquiries about goblets, mugs, and plates so please be patient.


 You might not realize it but not everything we have is made by us. We are proud to sell and display creations by local artists. Both Cat and I believe it is important to support local "talent" and get the word out. We were pleasantly surprised by large number of local artists and artisans here in Huron county.




 Finally, I'd like to add that we are great talkers and would love to hear from you. Are we doing a good job? If not, how can we improve? What would you like to see us do? Well, that's it for me.... let's hear some feedback!

~Scott
















No comments:

Post a Comment