Friday 16 October 2015

New Stuff!!

Betty Blue
 So... I thought that it would be prudent to let everyone know what new things were going here at Wonky Frog! Firstly, I've entered "Ole Faithful" into the Huron County Art Show! While winning first prize would be awesome and probably foremost in my mind...Being new to the area, I really think the exposure would also be awesome. Just having a couple of paintings in the community art show here in Blyth opened up a lot of opportunities to me... which brings me to my second announcement.
Mellow Yellow #2
 I've been given the opportunity to be a guest artist at the Goderich Co-op Gallery! I'm hoping creativity and inspiration hits me upside the head as I'm pretty certain that I don't have nearly enough to fill the space they've offered me. I'm shooting for at least 10 paintings but I'm  sitting at about half that number. I didn't really want to include any of my old paintings but I might have to if I can't get my minimum. Whatever I have when the time comes is gonna have to be good enough. It's unfortunate that I'm a horribly slow painter.
Mellow Yellow #1
A work in progress




Symphony in Red Minor
 





The show will be in December and I hope everyone can come out and visit. When I get more information, I'll post it so everyone can mark there calendars! Here's a sample of some of the works that'll be included in the show.
 I'd like to add as well that, in store, we have now added select works by local artist Cindy Matthews! Cindy brings a humorous and fun aspect to her frog paintings that need to be seen in person to be completely enjoyed! We welcome Cindy and her work to our eccentric family!

No comments:

Post a Comment